Wednesday, November 18, 2009

still searching

11-17-0911-17-09
vintage striped one piece, thrifted skirt, old jazz shoes, bdg cardigan

Only one more week until I get my new camera! I love using my film camera but it's too expensive to develop film once or twice a week. The quality of the photos I take with my broken camera is dreadful but I'm trying my best to work with what I have. I'm heading home in exactly a week and coming back to the Bay the day of my birthday. I still have not found my perfect birthday dress and may just end up wearing something I already have or buying a random dress at Zara or H&M. I'm actually really tempted to buy the Shipley & Halmos dress that I modeled for Tobi a couple months ago. I'd like to find a simple strapless cocktail dress that I can wear two different ways: first, with my family on Saturday and second, with BF for dinner on Sunday night. Anyone have any suggestions?

And so the pictures don't seem completely unrelated to the text: I threw this outfit together last minute after a night of fishing around in my closet. The striped top is actually one of those old school one pieces (with the buttons at the crotch and everything). I also haven't worn this skirt in ages plus the shoes are ones that I wore for a dance class in high school. I'd love to go out shopping but this will do for now. I also found the photo below which I took last year around this time. I dislike the cold weather most of the time but this photo reminds me the reasons why I love autumn so much.

coccus

28 comments:

Sylvie said...

I love the last photo! Autumn just rocks.

Ami said...

Mustard yellow cardigan = automatic win <3

Kennedy said...

im so into snap crotch leotards from the 80s! well i guess just leotards in general, love em. that one youre wearing looks especially awesome!

Lindsey said...

The striped shirt + cardigan is so cute!

Katherine said...

The perfect autumn outfit! Love the cardigan!

Coco said...

So pretty! This outfit is adorable!

-Coco

ourpapermoon.blogspot.com

Francesca said...

Ugh, I'm dreading the cold weather so I'm enjoying autumn as it lasts!

I love the simple outfit. It's pretty much what I live in on my lazy(but not laziest) days :)

Mel said...

I love your outfit, especially that yellow cardigan! Good luck finding that dress!

margaret said...

wow that dress you modeled is gorgeous (or maybe it's just you, hah) ahhh so jealous that you're naturally thin @_@ i got my dad's bulky side :<

Please and Co. said...

Hello

I discovered your blog yesterday and i would like to tell you that i really enjoyed it. You are SO beautiful and your style is unique.
I think i will come every day ^^

我想我是一個質數 said...

love this autumn look <3

Kathryn Sutton said...

I love autumn and that photo is the perfect reminder of why...everything is just so colourful and lovely!

xx

le blog de leen said...

once again that's a lovely outfit really :)
love the cardigan's color

leen

Unknown said...

oversized cardigans are the best! glad that you're gonna get your camera soon, it's been too long........! <3

IKS said...

i like the outfit... but again you look so awesome that anything would look good on you. but as for your own outfits, what I have seen till now - you cant miss!

Tobi dress... you look just plain gorgeous on that photo... if you can - buy it! I have the very very similar one, and you can feel so fabulous in it!

Mina said...

what a lovely outfit..

Nana MoonDancer said...

love the cardigan^^
huggs

Pepita said...

If you're still looking for a bday dress try asos.com, they have sooo many lovely dresses that can be worn in different ways.
PS I love leotards as well

Aline said...

you look adorable....you must be so excited for your camera!

Dylana Suarez said...

You have amazing style! I am following you!

Lovely blog!

colormenana.blogspot.com

pink horrorshow said...

I think some knee length dresses and skirts are so pretty but I'm too short to wear them! Haha, you look lovely :)

Christina said...

Your skirt is lovely!

And I want a new camera too! I have this pink Canon but I really want an SLR. =x

-xtina

Molly Gertenbach said...

I love your cardigan, its such a gorgeous color

Unlikely You said...

Hehe, only a girl with lengthy, skinny legs can pull off the matron skirt. Well done!

delicatessen! said...

i love your style... also, obvious answer but h&m stock some nice strapless dresses at the moment!
http://delicatessenofstyle.blogspot.com/

AthenaisG said...

Wow! I love this blog! You've an amazing style ...
Come look my blog if you want :)

Merily said...

Your blog is my new favourite, love it!

Une étincelle de mode said...

So pretty!!!

http://etincelledemode.blogspot.com/