Tuesday, July 7, 2009

pika pika. pika? pika.


vintage silk top, thrifted belt, lux jeans cut into shorts, vintage boots

Today I drank a delicious banana smoothie at Duboce Park Cafe, went back to Berkeley, and met with Pika for tacos at Picoso. Oops, I forgot to take pictures! I also scanned and uploaded purikura pictures from a date last week to Japantown. Did I ever mention that my boyfriend and I refer to each other as Pika? Sometimes we greet or call out to each other by saying "PIKA PIKA!" Imagine how entralled we were upon finding out that the purikura place in SF is called Pika Pika! It went something like this:

Me: Pika?
BF: Pika!
Me: *points* PIKA PIKA!!
BF: PIKAAAAAAHHH!!!

Erm, well, I digress. Perhaps I should directly post the pictures to my blog? We'll see. Now, back to the actual outfit: I just found the perfect loose silk shirt a couple days ago. Don't you just love the huge slouchy pockets and right amount of sheerness that hints at the presence of a black bra? I sure do. I also cut up these old jeans on a whim and realized that I like them more as shorts! They had always fit somewhat awkwardly at my ankles. As for the boots... I have a love/hate relationship with wearing shorts and boots together. Sometimes I think they're tacky and other times I just can't get enough of the explorer look they have going on. Obviously today my mindset belonged to the latter...

(Thanks for all of the music suggestions in the last post! I'm looking into all of them and I promise to post a playlist soon!)

perfect silk shirt

42 comments:

kei said...

wow, so very jealous of the purikura machine!! they need to ship those across the country.

Deanna said...

I think your outfit is lovely (as usual). And I also love your hair.

Nicci St. Bruce said...

you are so pretty! love this look, especially the vintage boots!

La Dauphine said...

So pretty! Love the blouse.

http://ladauphinestyle.blogspot.com

straightforward beauty said...

oh my, i love it.

Jenny Cindy said...

Being a huge Japan geek I looove purikura...took way to many the last time I was in Japan >.< Too bad there are no purikura anywhere near me...

The top is beautiful and suits you perfectly...I love the way it falls and the chest pockets add a nice detail. Also I think the boots and shorts look works perfectly here!

Sushi said...

Love that shirt and you guys are too cute, awwwwwwwww x Sushi

Marita Bliss said...

Love those boots :) <3

Tiffany Marie said...

I love your hair! By the way did you know that shirt is beyond gorgeous.

theplumpenny.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I need to get a nice baggy white shirt...

parkavenueprincess said...

as always lovely :)

Damsels said...

that is so cute .!! you and your bf have such a cute inside joke.

about the outfit: looks pretty well put together i love how you make simplicity the chicest thing. the shirt is perfection . so are thetan boots

~ Faith said...

I think i need purikura in my life... too bad there's nothing even close here. Boo!

~Faith

Nova said...

Pretty, love your hair!

Emma Lavelle said...

lovely outfit and i adore you blog! xx

Unknown said...

Love this outfit! Mmmmm a banana smoothie sounds yummy!

alice said...

love your boots and your blog is really cutee.

Georgia said...

Pika Pika? Reminds me of pokemon :)
Love the shirt, I want to touch it because it looks so soft..

It would be mine

Alicia said...

hahaha. i love reading your posts with food photos. The bay area is the best place for fatties. yummmmmm

and that outfit is perfect, as always

sexyinthecity said...

you looks so cute!!

xx
www.sexyinthecity.es

an92 said...

Your shorts and boots combination is far from tacky! I love your hair as well :)

blaqbird said...

I do appreciate your sense of style! so refreshing!

Laura @ effluvia said...

you pull off the explorer look!

Mariona said...

Very very feminine blouse, mixed with the short mixed a great Boho chic style !!!

Pas Comme Des Enfants said...

STUNNING top. such a great find. Love the entire look too.

Nadia Kamballa said...

loving this outfit... as always, you look effortless but still CHIC!!!

Ilanka Verhoeven said...

Love the blouse!
X, www.fashion-nerdic.blogspot.com

PISTOLWHIPPED said...

we love your outfit posts little one! keep it up. love pistolwhipped xx

Madeleine said...

love the blouse.

Anonymous said...

So cutie!

xoxo

thriftylilpixie said...

I love your outfit. great style

Amy Elizabeth said...

Awe, you and your boy are so cute! I love this outfit, you look chic!
xx Amy

Anonymous said...

how can you afford such lavish things?

Connie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Connie said...

Banana smoothies are my weakness! Love how you cinched the waist with the belt. Great look.

theheartbreakinc.blogspot.com

Maria said...

The outfit is gorgeous. *

Victoria said...

wow beautiful outfit :)

http://myheadoffice.blogspot.com/

Love Victoria x

Ionatou Fleming said...

Looks great. Yeah you look like an explorer, a stylish explorer. You could be a partner of Indiana Jones..(^_^) The silk shirt, I also like, 'cause it's simple and clean. I like long-sleeved shirts, any style. Been searching some in the web. I like to share this site: Designer Clothes Online. It features styles of top designers, they're really worth it.

raybanoutlet001 said...

zzzzz2018.5.8
louboutin shoes
nike shoes
moncler
michael kors
converse trainers
oklahoma city thunder jerseys
coach outlet online
ralph lauren outlet
nike shoes
ralph lauren uk

5689 said...

zzzzz2018.9.4
off white clothing
ralph lauren outlet
nike shoes
ed hardy clothing
christian louboutin shoes
michael kors outlet online
moncler online
christian louboutin shoes
pandora jewelry
red bottom

zzyytt said...

nba jerseys
retro jordans
jordan retro
yeezy boost
fitflops
yeezy boost 350
golden goose sneakers
golden goose
ferragamo belt
kd shoes

satheysl said...

z6m85o4m37 h3e27w8q18 e6q25x2i54 y1s43f3j77 x2r46t1e15 c5r95b7h96