Thursday, May 21, 2009

questions answered

unwashed hair

I'M FREE! Thought I'd celebrate by going through my comments and answering a random assortment of questions before I take care of things like washing/untangling my hair and getting ready to meet BF's mom at dinner. Oh, exciting! I'm just glad this semester is over and I can finally take a break.

Q: Do you mind telling how tall you are?
A: Somewhere between 5'9"-10". I think I shrank this past year.

Q: Don't mind my asking, but what is your background?
A: My mother is Mexican and my father is Vietnamese.

Q: How do you keep your over-the-knee socks from falling down?
A: I think it depends on the brand. I have this one pair that never stay up because the elastic stretched out really fast. The Target ones are my favorites because they're the tight enough (but not too tight).

Q: What kind of camera do you use?
A: Sony Cybershot DSC-W55 for outfit posts. I have film cameras (Minolta SRT-201 & Polaroid SX-70) as well but they get less use. I want to buy an SLR within the following year!

Q: Just wondering, what lipstick are you wearing?
A: In most posts, the red lipstick is YSL Opium Red. I used to wear MAC Russian Red but ditched it after buying this YSL one.

Q: May I ask if you trim your bangs yourself or if you just pay regular visits to the hairdresser?
A: I usually trim them myself unless I'm down in LA where my hairdresser is. I've been going to the same person for eight years and have never let anyone else touch my hair.

Q: How do you have such magical bangs?
A: The cut!! When I'm bored with the blunt bangs it's easy to brush them aside (although it may require some hair spray for optimal cooperation).

Q: Are those good headphones?
A: The Panasonic RP HTX7 ones? To be completely honest, I bought them because I'm obsessed with white accessories! The sound quality is decent to me and gets the job done since I'm not too picky about how music sounds. I'm fine as long as they block out all the idiots I encounter on the bus and train LOL.

Q: How do you stay so thin? Do you work out a lot?
A: I think my fingers get more exercise than the rest of my body does! I signed up for a gym membership once but never went. Wait no, I stepped in for free ice cream once. So then, the answer is a big fat NO. I do walk a lot to get around but I'm sure that barely balances out my unhealthy diet of Jack in the Box and frozen yogurt four times a week. I wish I were joking but it's 100% true.

25 comments:

Tip said...

I discovered your blog today and I think you have great style and your whole look is quite beautiful~
I just started a blog not too long ago and would for you to visit sometime!

~tip

Hazel said...

LOL
the magical bangs question...
it's true!
you have such awesome hair!

N said...

YSL is AMAZING. If you want to try a new color, I just got rouge pur and I'm in love! :)

Unknown said...

Loving your blog cant believe I have only just found it lol xoxoxo

denise said...

aww yay what a good postttt so funnnnn

Fruchtzwerg said...

Interesting answers and I adore your blog!

Anonymous said...

Great blog! And great that you answer questions!

margaret said...

yay finals are over.
i'm waiting for michelle phan's clip-on bangs tutorial :D

Anonymous said...

Wow, I always thought you were very short and petite, but you're taller than I! Awesome. :) Keep up the updateeees, I love your blog.

Shen-Shen said...

I was wondering about your background too.. You're so pretty!

Terry said...

Whaaat you have a regular point-and-shoot? Hella thought you were using an SLR this whole time. Daaang.

Melissa said...

Srsly thought you were using an SLR this whole time...

How do you take such clear shots? Is it all that natural light coming from those windows you pose in front of?

Also - cool photo of your hair in this post. How do you get it like that? Do you use product? You always say you don't brush your hair lol

Layla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AliceSeagull said...

I saw you on Chictopia and I think you're great! I like your style, especially dresses!

endimion said...

i can't believe you're almost 6 feet tall! you look so tiny @_@~!

Sushi said...

Haha loved reading this. Thanks for adding me to your blogroll x Sushi

Sapphina said...

Hi annabel!
I just wanted to say your blog is my current favourite fashion blog. And I thought u were petite too, but perhaps thats because you look so cute! lol. I'm only 5 foot 3! You must get asked about your nationality all the time because I think u have a very fresh face and unique features. I have a question. How has your style evolved over the years? And what are your favourite features about yourself? (Asides from your gorgeous hair that is)!
Sapphina

Emilie said...

Okay firstly love your blog, skimmed the first few outfits from previous posts and fell in love, secondly you are stunning! I am mad jealous of your hair..keep it up

Emilie

Emilie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I love your fashion blog ^__^
im actually from waay over in england and my friend sent me thee link and said id probs like reading this, and i do!
:D

i really like your style (Y)

x

THE DIVINITUS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

hey i'm 5'9" too. may i know your weight? coz i want to be as thin as you! love you blogs!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry but I think I fell a little more in love with you because you're a halfie, and half Venom-ese like me!

Unknown said...

www0825

christian louboutin shoes
canada goose jackets
issey miyake perfume
ultra boost 3.0
cheap nba jerseys
super dry
ray ban sunglasses
red bottom shoes
ugg boots
tory burch outlet

zzyytt said...

michael jordan shoes
ferragamo belts
longchamp bags
lebron 10
golden goose sneakers
pandora jewelry
nike roshe
cheap nfl jerseys
golden goose outlet
yeezy boost 700